Vauxhall Movano

Littleoldman

Hi all, do people convert Movano vans into motor homes? There’s one in a local garage and it’s the right price and in good condition. Any reason why I shouldn’t consider it? I believe they are galvanised. Cheers

roadliner

Vauxhall Movano is UK branded Renault Master van to all intents. I believe they were galvanised post 2006. Should be a good choice but there are good vans and bad ones whatever badge is on them. Do usual checks when buying any vehicle and good luck. Dave.

Littleoldman

roadliner, I can see rust, but that's all, I have a mate who is a mechanic/auto electrician who will look it over for me. Wouldn't buy anything otherwise. Great to hear that it's same as the Renault. Thanks

tacr2man

Try and find out what its been used for , and be aware of mileage , although that isnt critical , as usage might mean it has been sat idling HTSH

tesan-man

I have a Renault Master conversion which I am very pleased with. There is probably a bit more work involved as many conversion parts are limited for the Master/Movano compared to the more common Fiat/Peugeot/Citreon, but it didn't cause me a problem. And yes, they have been galvanised since at lkeast 2006, I can't remember exactly when.
What year is the van?

Littleoldman

Hi since the first post I have found another Movano van. One is 2014 with 77000 on the clock, the other is a 2016 with close to the same mileage. The 2014 has a dhollandia working tail lift which might mean it has been carrying heavy loads, the other I don’t know. Looking at the one with a tail lift later today.

VanNV

Biggest pains in the tits with the Movano/Master/NV400 are the length - just over the "magic" 6m for ferries, the width -not quite wide enough for a 6' fixed bed across the frame, and the turning circle - which is simply embarrassing.

Whether those things are "significantly" better on the Ducato/Relay/Boxer vans I have no idea. Lots of those have transverse permanent beds, but - tbqh - a 6' bed with steel ends wouldn't be very comfortable for me at 5'11" so not bothered, don't use ferries very often so not bothered about 6.2m, and no idea about the turning circle.

I can say that I absolutely love driving my NV400, it is a beaute on the road and not too big to squeeze into the occasional small space.

There are one or two "off the shelf" things you can get for the sevel vans, but you wouldn't be rolling it yourself if you wanted "off the shelf", right?