Underslung water/waste tanks - driving

My CAK tanks do have a breather valve in each constellation. There is little expense involved as it is just an insert with a tiny air hole.
CAK sent me Euro 4 tanks in 2013 and I have a Euro 5 van, but it fitted if I put it on back to front, which meant the pipes came out the wrong side.
After much heated discussion with the stroppy woman on the phone they sent me another one with the pipes on the other side.
If you can get to speak to Jonathon, you will get a lot more sense out of him.
David

PS
As we mainly wildcamp we always try to keep the fresh water tank full, and so far (35 years) no problems
Waiting for Jonathan to call me back this afternoon when he gets in.

S

squiffy

I'm sure there is not much between CAK and Barrett tanks, after all they are plastic black and hold equal amounts of water, it all boils down to pleasantries and ease of fitting and CAK the tragic dragoness doesn't help their case. Phil

D

Deleted member 2

My experience with CAK isn't the best, but I ended up with what I wanted after a swift/sharp exchange of words................. However I would most certainly have used the exceptionally professional services of Shaun @ Barrett tanks (http://www.tank.me/) if he had been able to offer an off the shelf tank and fittings for a Renault Master, but he didn't and as I couldn't send him the concise drawings and measurements he hence wanted me to drive to his premises, first of all to measure everything up and then a second visit to collect them all of which was far to far for me to consider driving at the time in a very half finished van.

But back to CAK, yes they do employ a right royal awkward officious bitch who answers the phone, indeed they appear to employ a lot of people who don't give a second hand stuff about customer service and customer satisfaction............ but from my experience their tanks do have vent holes on top of the castellation's.

Phil

I too have CAK tanks. Sean’s tanks would have been far too small for me and he did not seem to be interested in doing custom ones. I did look at others, but CAK were able to deliver in two days with pipe fittings exactly as I wanted. My castelations have vents too!

Patt

I also went the cak route- waste tank was spot on, however, as many have already indicated, the inlet and outlet were totally in the wrong places. When I advised them of this they said to mark the tank exactly where I needed these and return the tank to them. The replacement was perfect. I found them ok to deal with,BUT - these tanks were advertised to fit my van and it did cost me the return postage. This is the only time I have dealt with them

I found the fitting hooks supplied to be next to useless. I used threaded bar secured through the floor adding some large washers to spread thr load.
Been using the van for two years now and always set off with a full tank (92 ltrs I think) no problems up to now.
Stuart

S

squiffy

I too have CAK tanks. Sean’s tanks would have been far too small for me and he did not seem to be interested in doing custom ones. I did look at others, but CAK were able to deliver in two days with pipe fittings exactly as I wanted. My castelations have vents too!
How many ltrs are your tanks then Val ?, as Shaun's tanks fresh water are 95ltr and only just fit between the underslung gas tank and the rear axle, and I would have thought that the castellation's wouldn't have made much difference in volume. Phil

My Ducato is XLWB too

How many ltrs are your tanks then Val ?, as Shaun's tanks fresh water are 95ltr and only just fit between the underslung gas tank and the rear axle, and I would have thought that the castellation's wouldn't have made much difference in volume. Phil

My Ducato is XLWB too
Mine is a LWB and I have a rear anti roll bar so much reduced clearance for tanks. The only tank Sean could offer was about 50ltr I think. Mine are 66ltr and were cheaper and much faster