The new Mercedes Sprinter............. any good?

I have said a few times on forums if Toyota made a big van they would take most of the market.
I would be very interested in a decent sized Toyota, I've long been a fan of their vehicles. The Hiace makes for a decent day van.

Roadrunner

Worked for toyota in seventys,top notch but the tin work was cr-p back then.

D

Deleted member 2

There must be some fundamental reason why a company such as Toyota doesn't make a van capable of competing in the ultra competitive UK/European market.

Roadrunner

There must be some fundamental reason why a company such as Toyota doesn't make a van capable of competing in the ultra competitive UK/European market.
Maybe do in home market,they used to do ones on the hiace.

roadliner

I agree Toyota could clean up in the van market. Last job before retiring was running logistics fleet for a large pump hire company part of which were 20 Toyota Hi lux 4x4 pick up's for use by fitters on arduous site work. Used and abused we just used to buy em service em run for 250,000 miles buy another!

david.c.hall

Our daughter, before she became a mum, was Fleet sales manager for Toyota in Western Australia.
In the mines up north the only make of vehicle used was Toyota.
Due to the Iron Ore dust they were serviced once a fortnight.
When the workers (FIFO's, fly in fly out) were off home at the weekends the local airports car parks looked like a Toyota storage facility, with hundreds of white Toyota's parked up for the weekend
David

roadliner

This could start to be an expensive thread for me. Now thinking of looking for a Toyota Hiace van to do as a day van to tow our caravan. Best of both worlds? Any thoughts? Dave

Last edited:

fifthwheel

Our daughter, before she became a mum, was Fleet sales manager for Toyota in Western Australia.
In the mines up north the only make of vehicle used was Toyota.
Due to the Iron Ore dust they were serviced once a fortnight.
When the workers (FIFO's, fly in fly out) were off home at the weekends the local airports car parks looked like a Toyota storage facility, with hundreds of white Toyota's parked up for the weekend
David
My brother in law before retirement was a mine manager for BHP in Australia, he told me they kicked out Landrover for Toyota. As a group the amount of Landrovers they used to run was staggering.

Roadrunner

This could start to be an expensive thread for me. Now thinking of looking for a Toyota Hiace van to do as a day van to tow our caravan. Best of both worlds? Any thoughts? Dave
Thell tink you a irish tinker.