Shower claddings and showers hoses!

Hazlenut

Wish I could try that on my back doors - they are about the only thing I can hear after sound-proofing!
I was hoping my master doors would quieten down after insulating. At the moment the van is still very bare, so they do clatter a bit over the bumpier bumps. Trouble is whenever I get someone else to drive when I stand in the back listening, the only things I hear rattling are my knees..

misterg

does it need adhesive or plastic weld applied to make it drip proof ?
No - just make sure the ends of the pipes are cut clean and square and that they're pushed fully home into the fittings (there are marks on the JG pipe to help check this).

JayKay

I’d second John guest pipe and fittings, we’ve run all our plumbing in 15mm standard household gear. It’s very cheap easy to work with and foolproof!
Darcar
Is there a fitting from Shurflo pump to JG 15mm fitting?

Pugwash

Last edited:

Darcar

E2F8EDB9-9801-4298-B93A-7AF6B7B6DBBD.jpeg I’v used a jabsco pump, so I’m not sure about shurflo pumps, but on the jabsco pump a 15mm tap adapter screwed onto the pump. I would have thought that the shurflo would be the same?

Darcar

misterg

In my very humble opinion, it is better to have a short section of hose either side of the pump to help avoid transmitting vibrations into the pipework (copper or plastic).

YMMV.

The pump connections are threaded 1/2" BSP, by the way.

Val33

I would second this. I initially fitted my jabsco pump direct to JG 12mm semi rigid pipe and it made a hell of a racket. I then changed it to have a 60cm coil of flexible hose on both the inlet and outlet and now it is very quiet.

In my very humble opinion, it is better to have a short section of hose either side of the pump to help avoid transmitting vibrations into the pipework (copper or plastic).

YMMV.

The pump connections are threaded 1/2" BSP, by the way.

NicB

Just an idea you night be able to adapt.
When I renewed'd my house bath / shower last year I popped a £3 cat litter tray under the trap overflow area to catch any later dribbles. Then closed everything up.
Thinking any 'little' dribbles now and then would be caught in the tray and would evaporate, rather than wetting the floor / kitchen ceiling.