setting head light beam

how do you set your beam, say drive up to a wall about 2 m away what hight would you think ldv convoy high an low beam yes i know adjuster on top of light thanks people

BigStevie

Hmmm...Bit of a suck it and see if you're doing it yourself. If you have a friendly local garage that might let you use their aligner for the price of a pint...

Stevie

time4t

As the headlight alignment is only important in how high it is, what I do is drive till you find a long straight & level road, set the in cab headlight adjustment wheel to it's highest setting, put the beam lights on & adjust them till the beam is lighting up the hedges & the road.

The dipped lights need to light up about half the distance of the main beams.

Hope this helps.

Phill

thought you altered headlights on the lights fixtures threaded bars

i think you alter the lights by the plastic bolts on the light body not from inside the cab

time4t

Yes but, the inside adjustment is used when carrying heavy loads in the back of a vehicle, so you don't dazzle people coming the other way.
The main adjustment is indeed under the bonnet on the headlight housing.
BUT, you have to put the interior adjustment to it's highest setting before you alter the under bonnet ones!

i cannot see anything to adjust beam inside cab i know what you mean i have that in my car

Roadrunner

when lights dip they also half light to the left and down,set them up with a beem tester ,then at home mark them on garage wall or somewhere handy so you can ch each year.