Renault Master with H3 Roof

Littleoldman

Hi I have finally decided on a van it's a 64 plate L3 H3 and in good condition. I have one concern I hope you can help with. The roof is not metal but some form of plastic/fiber material. Can I cut into that to add roof fans? I also want to put solar panels on the roof? Can this be done with these non metal roof materials? Many thanks.

master

Hi We have a Master L3 H3 we have solar, roof lights on the roof which have been no problem. The fibreglass roof does gets discouloured but Wet and Forget helps this. The decals have not stuck on as well. We have had this van for 9 years its an 06 plate.
Now working on a Relay L3 H3 as our daughter wants the Master!

Littleoldman

Thank you, It's great to get a reply from someone who has this kind of roof on their van. I was told by one salesman today that you can't do it, clearly you prove that he's incorrect. Did you fit them yourself? How are they fixed? Never heard of Wet and Forget can you enlighten me? Thanks so much for replying.

master

Wet and forget you spray on the roof and it helps to clear the dirt and lichen. We fitted roof lights, with Sika flex. With the roof lights they were reinforced with wood to bulk out the roof on the inside. We will try and take a photo for you .

Littleoldman

Hi Master, There's no need to do that, thank you for offering. I have bought a Peugeot Boxer since I started the thread. Thank you for your help and advice, hope I can reciprocate sometime. John