Propex

Hingy

Hi, hope you can help...

I'm putting in a propex 1600 gas air heater, I have two choices about how to get a gas feed to it... 1. Is the hard way, run a new 8mm copper feed all the way from the manifold (long way), under the van and straight unit the heater or, 2. Easy way... There is a gas feed for the dometic 3 way fridge around 3 foot away from the heaters position, I could T into this 8mm copper pipe and run a feed to the heater...

My worry and question is... Would switching the heater on and the gas draw from it cause the 3 way fridge flame to extinguish, or any other issue?

Thanks

Crafter

it shouldn't do. In my previous factory built motorhomes the fridge, truma and cooker could all run from the same feed simultaneously and there was one feed to a triple manifold which would be all open when in use. Maybe if your gas bottle level dropped then you might loose pressure, otherwise you should be fine. You could ague that more pressure would be lost from a separate line the whole way from the manifold?

Hingy

Thank you for your help, That's reassuring... Was the system you mention all 8mm copper?

Appreciated!

Hingy

In the end I decided to run a new gas line under the van, from a blanked feed on the manifold. Glad to have heating now the weather is on the turn!