Odd size gas pipe?

Mikael63

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me out with this one! A while ago I picked up a second hand cramer hob with grill to fit in my van. It has got some gas pipe attached which I assumed was 6mm size. So I ordered a 6mm to 8mm connection with olives. Problem is it will not fit. I have never come across a gas pipe this size before (somewhere between 6 and 8mm) is 7mm pipe made? Cheers Mikael.

Mikael63

Thanks, not very good with imperial sizes being from Sweden originally. I will give it a try. Using high pressure gas hose and clamps between the two pipes at the moment but would like something safer and more permanent. Cheers Mikael.

mistericeman

Been there got the t shirt when I lived on a narrow boat for 10 years....
There ARE metric to imperial fittings available BUT you really need a supplier well versed in lpg stuff to stock them OR to even know about them.

misterg

I'm the last person to suggest improvising with gas fittings, but 8mm and 5/16" are interchangeable, so a 5/16" X 1/4" reducing coupler should do what you want *provided* the cooker pipe is 1/4" (best to measure it with a vernier caliper if you can).

Mikael63

Thank you all for the help, looks like I finally will be able to sort this last little thing out! Cheers Mikael.

Mikael63

Measured cooker gas pipe and it looks like it is 6.35mm (1/4). Managed to find a 5/16 to 1/4 reducing coupling on ebay so hopefully it will be sorted in a few days. Thanks again Mikael.

Mikael63

All sorted! 5/16 to 1/4 reducer fitted nicely! I can use the cooker now! Thanks for the help with the imperial measurements. Mikael.