Luton vans.

Littleoldman

Why don't we build more campervans in Luton box vans? Having been wrestling with the walls of my Boxer, I thought it would be a lot easier with straight walls. Hence the reason for the question?

BigStevie

Good question. I guess the height must put some folk off, or perhaps the look? I suppose that had a Luton come my way, I might have considered one. Tbh, never considered one, why? I don’t know.
There you go, my contribution is of no use in finding an answer!

Littleoldman

When I was looking I there were a few Luton’s for sale locally, but nobody seemed to be building campers from them, so I thought there must be a reason, so I ignored them. When I’m in the builders merchant’s I’m now looking for timber with a curve that works in the van. I’m getting good at it.

Littleoldman

A very good reason, not being able to register as a camper van would put me off. Do you think with the new DVLA conditions that make a lot of van conversions not qualify as camper vans but as vans with windows will make the Luton more appealing, if the builder doesn’t mind not getting into the back from the cab directly?

roadliner

I had a brief whimsy of converting an artic. Easy park trailer on site use tractor unit for sightseeing shopping etc. Could even have sleeper cab. I think wife, caravan club, dvla may have had other ideas though! Don't take this to seriously.

Last edited:

Littleoldman

Been watching YouTube videos of the large 4x4's. One of them, and not that big, a Merc was 417.000 Euros. And very cheerfully the commentator said you could get a suspension upgrade for 90.000 Euros. I orbit a different planet.

Littleoldman

Tacr2man great van, lovely straight walls. Any very roomy. I saw the videos a while back, impressive.