Insurance

Big Doc Devon

Time to renew insurance. With Adrian Flux. Gone up again! Anyone know a company who will insure a finished self convert for a sensible price? Must include an agreed value option. Too many base self converts on value of base van!

Wanderer

My renewal with Adrian Flux was higher than previous year. I contacted them and asked then to review their quote otherwise I would look elsewhere and they immediately reduced it to an acceptable level.

Darcar

I used a comparison company called MUSTARD INSURANCE it allows you to search several different companies at the same time, and you can put in self build options.

Big Doc Devon

Thanks Darcar, Been there, done it as it is said. Ipad red hot, but not found anyone to beat Flux. Perhaps I've been wandering too long and now in the real world. Regards Ted

Roadrunner

AIB but remember if some other sod hits you they will be paying out and dont care what your agreed cost is unless you claim of own ins which will put cost next few years through the roof.

Liberty hall

AIB was the cheapest for us this year though no agreed value!! The year before we where with AF and had to make a no fault claim, the claim took 3 months from start to finish. Although the Communication wasn’t great when I rang they knew where the claim was at!!
I believe there are a couple of companies out there that offer agreed? someone mentioned scenic!! though don’t hold me to that:rolleyes: ours is up in the summer so will definitely get agreed value again! (hopefully for peace of mind)

Big Doc Devon

AIB was the cheapest for us this year though no agreed value!! The year before we where with AF and had to make a no fault claim, the claim took 3 months from start to finish. Although the Communication wasn’t great when I rang they knew where the claim was at!!
I believe there are a couple of companies out there that offer agreed? someone mentioned scenic!! though don’t hold me to that:rolleyes: ours is up in the summer so will definitely get agreed value again! (hopefully for peace of mind)
Flux use Kinetic for agreed value policies. Extra £ 52/pa for £20K, £75 up to £70k Can't see many self builds high in that bracket. My dilemma is that is like many self builds mine is a one off to suit me. How do you estimate it's market value?

Liberty hall

We have spreadsheets and receipts of the build for the smallest screw to the van. So it was easy to calculate the cost of the build. When we gave them the valuation along with photos they agreed with no quibbles. The price that was agreed would of be enough to do another self build.

BigStevie

We have spreadsheets and receipts of the build for the smallest screw to the van. So it was easy to calculate the cost of the build. When we gave them the valuation along with photos they agreed with no quibbles. The price that was agreed would of be enough to do another self build.
I totally agree, very important to keep a record. There's nothing like evidence when dealing with an insurer!