I'm back

Hi Peeps good to see the old crew again, I went to the other place, but wasn't too happy about who they let in so opted out, glad to be among normal folk again.

Yes, I'll second that, as I didn't see any of whatever happened, who else was involved with BB? PM If you prefer.

Last edited:

Wissel

Glad it's back as enjoyed this site :)

I'm sure that motorhomebuilder.com that was set up after this was taken offline is also a great little site (I'm a member there as well, also with the paid wildcamping.co.uk parent site as I am with motorhomefun.co.uk), but I always liked it here.

It's great to have a choice now of free resources for self-builders . Thanks @Jim (and Phil if you see this) for doing so much to help our community :)

Not everywhere quite, I'm not posting on some sites due to you know who, that and not allowed to voice my feelings about it.

Liberty hall

Morning all
I’m pleased this site is back as I felt that I was due to give updates on keys and a couple of other PMs to send and felt I’d let others down..

Re Phils site I’ll still post there as I think in time it will be equal to here. I to am a member of WC which is a valuable resource too.

I have no idea what it takes to run a website though I can imagine so thank you to all that are involved in running this and others. May they all go from strength to strength.
Take care all
Ken

It's dead easy Ken, must be if I can do it.

Glad DIY is back though, and I hope the other survives too.

Wissel

Not everywhere quite, I'm not posting on some sites due to you know who, that and not allowed to voice my feelings about it.
I was starting to feel exactly the same, as it still grates what happened here. But I like the other site as there are a couple of really good posters. Dilemma.

Then I found it has an "ignore member" feature. Now I can happily post here and their. Dilemma over :)

Live and let live and all that is good, but I'm glad I can also ignore. Maybe third time lucky for some.

I know I shouldn't be posting this, but this site went down simply because of a few that got out of their pram (I think that's correct?). It was turning into a great little informative community and I hope it does again. I hope Motorhomebuilder does as well and isn't ruined in a similar way.

Groyne

Then I found it has an "ignore member" feature.
Does the person being ignored know they are being ignored? Or am I ingnored and just don't know it?

I think it vital that if you are going to ignore someone it is best to start a thread with the title "***************** I am putting you on my ignore list", then everyone will know.

Wanderer

I think it vital that if you are going to ignore someone it is best to start a thread with the title "***************** I am putting you on my ignore list", then everyone will know.
But what if everyone has already decided to ignore you then those you are ignoring will not know that are being ignored because they are already ignoring you.:)

Jim

think it vital that if you are going to ignore someone it is best to start a thread with the title "***************** I am putting you on my ignore list",
That IME just causes more friction. Even obnoxious people sometimes have good information to give. But if you really don't want to read another word of what someone writes, it's best to just quietly ignore them, rather than start tit for tat I'm ignoring you thread which only drags a forum down.

I was only joking Jim, I have yet to put anyone on an ignore list, so much better to see what they have to say, then respond to it.

And thanks for re-thinking the forum closure, it's a good site and was missed, but I get your reasoning at the time.

Being just an occasional visitor, I was surprised and disappointed when the forum was taken down. And now, I am surprised and pleased to find it's up and running again!

My curiosity wants to know 'who' caused all this (and what they did), but my logical self isn't interested in the slightest...

Nice to be back.