Hi - PVC Questions

sparrow

D

Deleted member 63

Wow, I would have perhaps paid it, that (apart from the miles) is a bargain, I paid the same +VAT for a 07 Relay in white, in 2011 with 120k on it and it turned out to be a right pile.

It's a rare model too, H3L4s are hard to find, especially not white, and the ones out there seem to have front of roof damage where they have tried to get into McDonalds etc.

Good find, good buy, Be great to see you build it, well done that man.

sparrow

It looks better in the pictures than it is, but all the scruffyness is just cosmetic, which is why we went for it.
However, for what it is, the price seems right. The mileage doesn't bother me, as that would have been motor way miles. 62500 miles a year can only be done on the motorway.

Yes, we didn't find many L4H3s at all, and as there are 4 of us, we really wanted all the space we could get. There was an L4H2 we missed out on as it sold within a day, so as we'd already seen this one last week, and hadn't seen anything else come close, we decided to go for it.

Now to sell the Audi. Anyone interested in a 2008 A6 Quattro Le Mans? :winkytongue:

D

Deleted member 63

I'd be interested, we have a A6 2.5tdi, would love another, but Liz might have a word or two to say about it :( :(

S

squiffy

Mirrors themselves are fine, just cosmetic damage. Did you mean to post a link, or just mention them?
Just mentioned em, but they are on eBay or every motorhome or caravan show has dealers selling them, they are not cheap mind you or I would have bought some white covers:openedeyewink: Phil

Liberty hall

6260F809-A4AB-4E2A-A51E-545E0EB114A4.png Phil can’t seem to get link to work though took image from our favourite auction site. Typed in white Ducato door mirrors!! If this is what your talking about;)
Take care
Ken

S

squiffy

View attachment 4791 Phil can’t seem to get link to work though took image from our favourite auction site. Typed in white Ducato door mirrors!! If this is what your talking about;)
Take care
Ken

They would seem to be the ones Ken, but I don't know wether it's the quality of the photograph or the quality of the mouldings
But the ones I've seen seem to be of a much higher quality. Phil

Liberty hall

If you look on there there is another image of the inside!! May give you a better idea
Ken
Ps if you’ve already done so apologies
Pps Is it worth a gamble?

Last edited:

jjturner

I got mine from ebay, paid £8 a side for covers only, just need to search for "ducato mirror back", just need to know if its a short or long arm one. The backs are cheaper than protectors.

sparrow

I've pushed the boat out and ordered some cup holders. :openedeyewink:

My wife was chatting to our neighbour (also Jon) two doors down. Turns out they bought Casper recently, and are about 4 weeks ahead of us! :lol:
We can be camper van friends. :thumb:

Priority is a tow bar, so I can sell the Audi, and tow with this. And also have some budget to buy parts.

Then we need to sort the interior layout so we can work out what order to do things in.

We'll pull out the boards and bulkhead soon to see what's under there, and work out what extra wiring has been added and where it goes.

Last edited:

sparrow

So I can get a towbar delivered for £210, or I can drop the van off, and pick it up with the towbar fitted, wired and ready to go for £270. The place is even on they way to work.
That's a bit of a no brainer.

sparrow

This last weekend was strip out weekend.

From this:

To this:

No hidden nasties found yet.

A couple of bits to fix.

There are some strange clips double sided taped to the dash:

There are a couple more out of shot.

sparrow

There are some bits that need doing.
The drivers side floor covering has seen better days:

There's these buttons for the tail lift in the side of the van. I'll need to remove them and plug the holes somehow. Either that, or I need to find a use for them.

There are some random wires and switches in the cab from the extra lights in the bay, and the tail lift:

Toll tag?

Some wiring to trace, but that requires removing the A pillar trim.