Hello, from Florry The Lorry!

florrythelorry

Florry The Lorry
Hiya, we're new to the forum, so we thought we would say hello! Our Motorhome is Florry The Lorry and is based on a DAF LF45, it took 2 years working weekends to build and we've been travelling for 7 months over last year in Europe.

When we started we had no idea how to make our own motorhome, only that we wanted to do it so we could have what we wanted. We also planned to live full time in it so that's why we chose such a big vehicle.

We're back in the UK now and planning our next adventure, getting the MOT done and trying to find work to pay for it!

If you want to see the full build have a look at our Facebook page where we have almost 250 photos of the build.

We're always happy to answer any questions about travelling in a big vehicle in Europe, how we did the build and anything else!

Chris & Cat

IMG_20190725_130438.jpg

IMG_20190726_192944.jpg

66857747_471358547028793_1031827967455370251_n.jpg

IMG-20190628-WA0003.jpg

VanNV

Hi @florrythelorry, and welcome from me.

Quite an impressive looking piece of kit! Out of curiousity, do you have any trouble finding places to park?

florrythelorry

Florry The Lorry
@VanNV - thanks!

We've never had any trouble parking in Europe and managed some quite small roads, we use park4nite to locate sites and make sure we can fit there by using Google maps and we have a truck satnav to avoid low bridges and weight limits.

Only twice did we think we were in real trouble - Down a single track lane, but a very nice Spanish man who lived at the end let us park for the night in a beautiful casa rural and even use his water and swimming pool!

My worst day was actually in the UK where Google took me down a single track lane and I was praying I didn't meet a car coming the other way... Then I met an 18 tonner coming down the lane!

Chris&Cat

VanNV

My worst day was actually in the UK
Ha! Why am I not surprised...

I had a day like that in my old Hymer - driving down a lane in Devon with the wing mirrors touching either side and a bloody great tractor came the other way pulling a huge trailer. I'm sure he could see us coming from his farm-house and leapt into the tractor for fun (c:

florrythelorry

Florry The Lorry
Ha ha ha, we had some very tight spots in Devon in our old eldiss firestorm, I don't think we will take Florry there!