DVLA Nightmare, now insurance are cancelled.

transit

After reading this thread and having taken out insurance with a 3 month time frame Im feeling a tad worried !!

Liberty hall

After reading this thread and having taken out insurance with a 3 month time frame Im feeling a tad worried !!
We went with AF which allowed us 12 months!! At the end of the period we just renewed and carried on with the build. Yes we were slow but thorough :)
Ken

transit

We went with AF which allowed us 12 months!! At the end of the period we just renewed and carried on with the build. Yes we were slow but thorough :)
Ken
I’m recently retired so hoping I can make the deadline

oldpatchwork

I have had my Sprinter insured as under conversion for the last 3 years it still isn't finished. I had a ring around last renewal and I got the "90 days to finish" and I just told them what I thought of them! Adrian Flux are very competitive and helpful
Patrick

BigStevie

From what someone was telling me from the VW camper scene, the DVLA are not happy with stealthy looking vans or vans with a layout that looks as though the carrying of goods would still be possible. They passed a van for me with a single burner hob, so I guess that the overall appearance is what counts.... who knows, this is the 'we don't have to explain our actions to anyone' DVLA we're talking about!
Got a good deal with direct line last year....

oldpatchwork

what I found when I got my van was it had a conversion done converting it to 9 seats and a prison cell but the log book still shows it as a panel van with 3 seats so the police cant be that worried
Patrick