Do you really need the internal ply boarding?

acecard

So I put together a spreadsheet to help track the projected weight of my build, and I've noticed an elephant in the room........internal boarding to the tune of 350kg!!! And thats using only 6mm ply! I can't afford that!

The plan was initially to have insulation (50mm PIR stuff - about 200kgs worth!!!), vapour barrier, 6mm ply and then decorative cladding over the top (i.e. pallet wood).........could I just do away with the 6mm ply and go straight on with the decorative cladding over the vapour barrier? I dont see why not personally............

Any ideas much appreciated!

acecard

That's what I thought! Funny how your thinking evolves over time eh?! Looks like I've got a few sheets of 6mm ply to sell then! Luckily all off cuts so only £150 and no reason why I won't be able to shift 'em......anyone interested?!;)

BigStevie

Four way stretch carpet is so easy to use and as mentioned above looks pro. It’s available in a whole range of colours these days too. I’ve found it really useful when making removable panels.

Roadrunner

Doing the roof was trick,start center line at front ,spread left and right,then back as you go using a dry paint roller.