DeepRed bumbles in...

Floydster

I'm afraid it is true this is on the Deep Red site:-

"It's with considerable sadness that I report Ian Lang passed away on the 29th of March 2019 after losing his battle with a long term illness. This site will remain online as a memorial but will not be updated.

Thank you to all those that contacted Ian with questions and thanks. Your emails from around the world gave him great joy.

Rob Lang, April 2019"

You were an inspiration to many.
R.I.P Ian

misterg

That’s really sad news. Read through his site many times.

BigStevie

Gosh, how sad. The man was certainly an inspiration to me and I suspect many self builders. As mentioned above, he was my first read when I started my first 'big' van.

Drive on Ian...

Kia

Very sad I only discovered his website in the last few weeks but it contained a wealth of knowledge.

fifthwheel

Just read on another forum that very sadly Ian has passed away, I have no way of confirming this. If it is true he will be sadly missed, as his blog was a source of inspiration for many self builders. Thoughts are with his family.

Last edited:

Wissel

Really sorry to hear this. Ian was a complete inspiration to me when I first wanted to build a nice van.

Condolences to his family and rest in peace Ian.

time4t

Oh Bugger, I have to say I was really shocked & saddened to hear this, his blog was the first that I read about van conversions.

Rest in peace Ian & my condolences to his family!

Phill

I only just found this thread and was looking forward to welcoming Ian into the fold on here, then to find he has passed away.

His blog has founded many builds including ours and doubtless will promote many more.

RIP Ian

VanNV

Another one inspired by Deep Red, and one who referred to it often.

Ian - wherever your spirit is travelling now, take this in the way in which it is offered, and Rust in Peace