Bloody glad to be back ....

mistericeman

Blimey folks ....long time no see etc etc

Don't know what went on AND frankly i'm just glad its behind us and things are back up working again ...(And that I havent been deleted ...)

As most folks know I tend to flit between forums and think theres a place for a broad spread of stuff ...I still spend a fair amount of time over on Wilder sorts of sites
BUT I've always liked the amount of knowledge contained here ...

Personally things have changed a tad for us as although we still have the transit Jumbo (Still not completely finished) it's rather gone on the back burner due to a very kind relative giving up motorhoming in her Swift 590RS and passing it on to us ...

Work is now underway "improving" it to enable us to spend extended time off grid in the way we love most ....More batteries/solar/B2B/eberspacher/compressor fridge etc etc ....(Already swapped the gas bottles for 2 x 6kg Gaslowes )

It's been an eye opener frankly just how poorly set up bought motorhomes are power wise ....however a few weekends away so far including 2 weeks down in Pembrokeshire over Xmas/New year mean we have enjoyed the extra space so far .

Hopefully I'll still be allowed in even IF its not a complete self build ;-)

Last edited:

Liberty hall

Riceman?
Bloody glad to be back!!! Does that mean your gladder to be back than Pudsey who is just back? Either way glad to see you back

mistericeman

Certainly very glad to see things back..... And glad to have a knowledgeable gang back again....
Got plenty of stuff I need to be altering on the Swift to make it at least as self sufficient power wise as the Transit is.....
Then sadly advertise the transit to move on to pastures new.

Roadrunner

Certainly very glad to see things back..... And glad to have a knowledgeable gang back again....
Got plenty of stuff I need to be altering on the Swift to make it at least as self sufficient power wise as the Transit is.....
Then sadly advertise the transit to move on to pastures new.
Most of use are back but also using moterhome builder as well as this fantastic site,i do think there is room for both and hope both do well,i was on here from earlyish days and missed it very bad,now happy once again,dont kill us jim again please.

Wanderer

Most of use are back but also using moterhome builder as well as this fantastic site,i do think there is room for both and hope both do well,i was on here from earlyish days and missed it very bad,now happy once again,dont kill us jim again please.
I also think there is room for both sites. I had a look at the other one and it seemed quite busy with numerous postings compared to this one but it seems to be just idle chit chat and not a lot of substance relating to motorhome conversions. I guess this is due to it being a quite time of the year regarding conversion work and both sites will pick up when the weather gets better. I think Jim will be happy to leave this forum running, if it is used, as the reason for closing it last time no longer exists.

BigStevie

Yay! my favourite forum back up and running. Thanks Jim, very very much appreciated.

Stevie

Spooky_b329

Errrr... What's going on and how long has this place been back?! I just got a topic reply notification and that's the first I knew the site was back! Perhaps a bulk PM to all members is needed :)

VanNV

I am also very glad to see this forum back online (and also only knew because of a thread-notification email); it is such a great resource for self-builders

It would be interesting to hear what the plans are for the site; I don't suppose good folk will want to commit too much if it is simply going to vanish again

I haven't finished my trusty old NV400 in the down-time, but it is now registered as a Motorhome with DVLA, and I am about to start a horse-trailer conversion - this one into a mobile wine bar :cool: